The Ford Mustang was first seen in 1962 as a 2 seater concept car and has since had 6 evolutions and is still currently on sale in 2017. In 1963 the 2nd generation concept car appeared as a four-seater to see how well it would fair in the market against the likes of the Plymouth Barracuda.The Ford Mustang was developed over an incredible 18 months and smashed early predicted sales estimates. It shared many components from existing Ford models like the Ford Falcon and Ford Fairlane.
As the years progressed changes naturally occured as the car market evoloved, sadly for the Mustang this meant bigger and heavier without matching performance improvements.
- 1964.5 - 1973 MKI Ford Mustang - 1st generation Ford Mustang
- 1974 - 1978 MKII Ford Mustang - 2nd generation Ford Mustang
- 1979 - 1993 MKIII Ford Mustang - 3rd generation Ford Mustang
- 1994 - 2004 MKIV Ford Mustang - 4th generation Ford Mustang
- 2005 - 2014 MKV Ford Mustang - 5th generation Ford Mustang
- 2015 - Present MKVI Ford Mustang - 6th generation Ford Mustang